Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Nursery




I think the nursery was the issue that almost did me in; and I know it was the issue that almost did poor Matt in. I wasn't overly emotional throughout my pregnancy (Matt may beg to differ!) except when it came to the nursery. I knew I was being completely irrational in wanting the entire room to be set up and ready to go months before Connor even arrived. However, I couldn't do anything about my need to have the baby's room absolutely perfect before he would ever use it. With the help of Nona Kim and the Commodore, we found the perfect furniture and decided on a nautical theme. We were warned that the furniture would take up to twelve weeks to come in....it took every bit of those twelve weeks, and a couple more. After all of the waiting, the delivery man set it up as a toddler bed. Poor Uncle Dan tried his hardest to turn it into a crib so I wouldn't have a complete meltdown when I saw a toddler bed in my nursery. Fortunately for everyone involved, he and Matt were able to make the room look perfect before I got home.


No comments: