Monday, December 22, 2008

A Farmer in Our Future?

I know I am jumping ahead two months, but I had to post this video of Connor receiving his John Deere tractor for Christmas. Granddaddy "helped" Connor write a poem about his first Christmas, the excitement of the holiday, and the gifts he might receive. Near the end of the poem, Connor asks his dad to go to Granddaddy's car for the mysterious gift. First of all, we had no idea that Granddaddy had such poetic talent. Then, after Matt and his dad lug in an enormous, heavy box, a cast iron tractor tricycle is revealed! The tractor is special enough as is, but because Matt had one as a little boy and loved it (even though his mother backed over it with a car...or so Matt's version of the story goes), the tractor is an especially pefect gift. Although it is nearing Connor's bedtime, he manages to get a good taste of the steering wheel before bed.

No comments: