Thursday, June 24, 2010

Complete Sentences

If one is not careful, it is so easy to blink and miss a toddler growing up. It's difficult for me to believe that Connor will be two years old in one month. It's also incredible to look back at pictures and see how much he has grown in just 23 months of existence.  I remember wondering if he would ever make a sound.  Now I often wonder if he will ever stop to take a breath between words!

I know I sound like the English teacher dork that I am, but Matt and I were marvelling yesterday at the fact that he can now say complete sentences. Well, sort of.  He can put a subject, verb, and object together in the correct order. Pretty impressive - he could teach some former students a thing or two!  This only happens with the obvious, ("Momma water plants." "Daddy cook dinner." "Jake eat the crayon" - yes, that did actually happen yesterday. I suppose Jake is protesting having a brother who can now fend for himself.), but it is happening with more and more consistency.  Before I know it, he will be writing those sentences and putting them together in paragraphs...

Just a couple of pictures from the first days of summer:


"Connor wa-wa plants!"
Filling up the pool!
Practicing his lacrosse skills - based on the lack of athleticism in both parents, the poor child does not stand a chance.

No comments: