Tuesday, February 2, 2010

18 Months and Our First Snow

Connor turned 18 months on Matt's birthday last weekend. He (Connor, not Matt) weighed in at 28.1 pounds and 32.5 inches tall. The doctor said, "So, I'm guessing that eating isn't a problem?" Considering how much he's growing, you'd be surprised to learn how little he eats. At eighteen months he is walking and running, climbing up flights of stairs, and climbing down two or three steps easily. His vocabulary grows every week, and he is currently fond of naming body parts - yelling "I-eee" while poking himself in the eye, for example. He also proved yet another way that he is just like his father: I went into his room the other morning, as I do every morning before we leave for the sitter and I head to work, and said "Good morning, Sunshine!" in the tone that used to make my first period students' skin crawl. I was greeted not by the usual smiling cherub. Instead, Connor put the blanket over his head and yelled, "Night-night!" Ahh, it's great to be the only morning person in a house full of boys (including the dog) who love to sleep.

Connor got to see snow for the first time this past weekend. Despite the fact that the professional development day I had been working on for weeks was cancelled, we had a great time watching the snow, eating lots, and just hanging out. While the novelty of sledding didn't last more than 30 minutes, we were able to get some pictures. The dog, of course, would have stayed in the snow all day!
Holding mittens and preparing for the sledding experience.


First snow in the new house.

Oh, the anticipation! On the way to the grandparents' house.







Weee!

What a happy Bernese Mt. Dog!



Don't worry grandmothers, the baby was removed from the sled before
crazy Granddaddy and dog went down the hill.

No comments: