Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hair Cuts!

Matt recently decided to cut off all - and I mean all - of his hair. For anyone who knows Matt at all, you know this is a big deal. His heart, however, is much bigger than his vanity, and he was more than willing to give up all of his hair for someone and something he believes in. One of his students was recently diagnosed with cancer, and the student and a couple of his closest friends decided to shave their heads together and asked Mr. Ellis to join them. He agreed, and by the time the "scalping" day arrived this past Sunday, the group of friends had grown to about fifteen. Matt survived, a couple of students got great pleasure in cutting Mr. Ellis' hair, and it was all for a great cause.

Today we (I) decided that Connor's long locks had gotten long enough, so we took him to get his first official hair cut. Let's just say it wasn't the best family bonding time the three of us have had. I had fun laughing and taking pictures. Matt tried to keep Connor still, and Connor just cried. Really cried. He calmed down by the end and even gave the very patient lady a hug before we left. Matt said that his new haircut made him look like a little boy instead of a baby. Sadly, it's true. How fast they grow up! Matt's before picture. No, he's not nervous at all :)

Look what they did to Daddy's hair, and now they want to do it to me!!
Mom, don't just sit there and take pictures - DO something!
Seriously throwing an 18 month old "I hate you all right now"" temper tantrum.
Hey, I'm lookin' pretty good!

No comments: