Monday, September 21, 2009

This weekend we went to Alexandria for some quality time with Grammy and Grandpa Jim. We also got to see Nanny, Auntie Lynn, and Helen. Auntie Helen hadn't seen Connor since Christmas, so she was quite surprised when he walked across the yard to greet her. Nanny gave Connor a quilt that she has spent the past few months making for him. For whatever reason, as Connor took the quilt out of the bag, he squealed with delight - I couldn't have made him have that perfect reaction if I tried!

Grammy babysat on Saturday morning while Matt made me run for 50 whole minutes - I was sure I wasn't going to make it, but the weather was perfect, the scenery along the C & O Canal was pretty, and Matt can somehow tell when to start telling me a story so I can't hear myself gasping for air!

On our way out of town on Sunday, we stopped by Woodlawn to see Cindy and hopefully get to pet a horse. Connor hadn't been on a horse yet, so Aunt Cindy found the perfect one - Ace - for the job. Ace thinks he's a person and is delighted to humor you and put up with small children as long as he thinks it makes him special. Connor didn't love it, but he'll get used to it.

Aren't I cute?

I don't have to wear a helmet if I'm locked in a stall and Daddy holds my foot, right?


Thanks Aunt Cindy and Ace!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Awwww, that is so cute! How weird that Ace looks like a stuffed animal in the last photo? He acts like one too. Love you all.