We always seem to have good "where were you when..." stories to tell in the Fiske-Ellis family. September 11 was the Commodore's heart transplant, causing Kim and my sister and I to literally push our way through the security at Fairfax Hospital to see my dad who had completed transplant surgery not five hours before the plane hit the Pentagon and chaos ensued. Now we'll always remember the volcanic ash incident in Iceland (I will not even attempt to spell the name of the volcano - I know there are a lot of "j"s and "e"s in there!) when Matt was stuck in Frankfurt, Germany. Yes, he's still there. No, we don't know when he'll be home. There are many things to be thankful for in such events - he has a hotel, he has intermittent internet connections, he has good German beer. He has that amazing personality that enables him to make fast friends with just about anyone (let's just say it's a good thing it's Matt over there and not Ashley! There would be many, many tears involved...) We have family and friends willing to help out in a minute's notice...the list goes on.
Since I don't have my husband to talk to, and the dog isn't much of a conversationalist, I thought I'd post some more pictures. Hopefully, Daddy will be able to see them online and see us in person very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment